New Students:

Your first step is to register for your educational benefits on VONAPP (Veterans On-line Application Process). If you prefer, download and complete a paper VA 22-1990 for Veterans or a 22-5490 for dependents.  Next, fill out the NSU VA Certification Data Form. Finally, provide a copy of your Ceritification of Eligibility and N.O.B.E (Notice of Basic Eligibility) for Reservists and copies of any kickers.

Continuing Students:

If you are continuing from the previous semester, complete a NSU VA Certification Data Form and submit to the VA Certifying Official.   

Transfer Students:

You will need to complete a VA  22-1995 form only if you are changing majors when transferring and an NSU VA Certification Data Form (if you are a Chapter 35 Dependent, you must complete a VA 22-5495 form, along with a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility.



We require a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility for continous processing. You must certify your attendance EVERY MONTH with the VA for Chapters 30 and 1606 only. You can either call the office in Muskogee, OK, at 1-877-823-2378 or certify online at www.gibill.va.gov.  Other VA information can be obtained by contacting the VA Regional Office in Oklahoma at 1-888-GIBILL-1 (1-888-442-4551).