Home » Registration, Credits, and Graduation
The Registration, Credits, and Graduation Council is the policy-making body for the conduct and governance of undergraduate studies at the University. The responsibilities of the Registration, Credits, and Graduation Council include establishing policies and procedures for registration, academic rules and regulations, acceptance of transfer credits, grading, and graduation requirements. The Council reviews and makes decisions on various student requests for cancellation of or resignation from classes, reinstatement of registration, and appeals to change a reported grade. All changes in University policies that will be included in the University Catalog must be approved by the Council before submission to the Curriculum Review Council. In compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, meeting minutes are not published because of restricted information. Monthly meetings are held the third Thursday except during registration and end of semester activities, including commencement.
Students with extenuating circumstances, which prevent completion of a semester, may request an exception to the resignation/cancellation policies by completing a Registration, Credits, and Graduation Appeal Application along with appropriate documentation.
Retroactive Cancellation: Extenuating circumstances DO NOT include dissatisfaction with a grade, instructor, content of the course, belated decision to change a major, or lack of knowledge about refund policies. Appeal applications must be submitted within the academic calendar year of the term being appealed.
Retroactive Withdrawal/Resignation: Extenuating circumstances DO NOT include dissatisfaction with a grade, instructor, content of the course, belated decision to change a major, or lack of knowledge about withdrawal/resignation policies. Appeals must be submitted within three (3) calendar years from the end of the semester being appealed. Absolutely no appeals will be considered after three years.
2014-2015 Council Members
· Mrs. Lillie Frazier Bell, Chair
· Dr. Paula Furr, Head of Language and Communications
· Dr. Greg Handel, Director of the School of Creative and Performing Arts
· Dr. John Dollar, Head of Health and Human Performance
· Dr. Kim McAlister, Head of Teaching and Learning
· Mr. Joe Morris, Head of Criminal Justice, History, and Social Sciences
· Dr. Zafer Hatahet, Head of Biological and Physical Sciences
· Dr. Susan Barnett, Head of Psychology
· Ms. Frances Conine, Dean of Students
· Ms. Debbie Moore, College of Nursing and School of Allied Health
· LTC William Underwood, Head of Military Science
· Ms. Connie Jones, Coordinator of the Department of Family and Consumer Sciences
· Dr. Frank Serio, Head of Mathematics
· Dr. Wade Tyler, Head of Social Work
· Dr. Margaret Kilcoyne, Head of the School of Business
· Dr. Ali Ahmad, Head of Engineering Technology
· Dr. Pamela Simmons, Director of Nursing
· Dr. Laura Aaron, Director of School of Allied Health
· SGA President