Home » Registration, Credits, and Graduation
The Registration, Credits, and Graduation Council is the policy-making body for the conduct of academic studies at the University. The responsibilities of the Registration, Credits, and Graduation Council include establishing policies and procedures for registration, academic rules and regulations, acceptance of transfer credits, grading, and graduation requirements. The Council reviews and makes decisions on various student requests for cancellation of or resignation from classes, reinstatement of registration, and appeals to change a reported grade. All changes in University policies that will be included in the University Catalog must be approved by the Council before submission to the Curriculum Review Council. In compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, meeting minutes are not published because of restricted information. Monthly meetings are held the third Thursday except during registration and end of semester activities, including commencement.
Students with extenuating circumstances, which prevent completion of a semester, may request an exception to the resignation/cancellation policies by completing a Registration, Credits, and Graduation Request Application along with appropriate documentation. Requests for a cancellation or resignation in selected classes must be based on administrative reasons only.
Retroactive Cancellation: Extenuating circumstances DO NOT include dissatisfaction with a grade, instructor, content of the course, belated decision to change a major, or lack of knowledge about refund policies. Applications must be submitted within the academic calendar year of the term being appealed.
Retroactive Withdrawal/Resignation: Extenuating circumstances DO NOT include dissatisfaction with a grade, instructor, content of the course, belated decision to change a major, or lack of knowledge about withdrawal/resignation policies. Applications must be submitted within three (3) calendar years from the end of the semester being appealed. Absolutely no appeals will be considered after three years.
2016-2017 Council Members
· Lillie Frazier Bell, Chair
· Ali Ahmad, Head of Engineering Technology
· Carmella Parker, School of Business
· Fran Lemoine, Head of Biology, Microbiology, and Veterinary Technology
· Frances Conine, Dean of Students
· Frank Serio, Head of Mathematics
· James Mischler, Head of English, Foreign Languages, & Cultural Studies
· Joe Morris, Head of Criminal Justice, History, and Social Sciences
· John Dollar, Head of Health and Human Performance
· Kim McAlister, Head of Teaching, Leadership, & Counseling
· Laura Aaron, Director of School of Allied Health
· LTC Katherine Carlson, Head of Military Science
· Malena McLaren, Coordinator of Music
· Matthew DeFord, Coordinator of Art
· SGA President
· Pamela Simmons, Director of Nursing
· Paula Furr, Head of New Media, Journalism, & Communication Arts
· Scott Burrell, Coordinator of Theatre & Dance
· Susan Barnett, Head of Psychology
· Wade Tyler, Head of Social Work
· Kirsten Bartels, Head of Scholars’ College